Applications are open to anyone holding or being close to obtaining a Bachelor degree (Laurea Triennale for students in Italian universities) or an equivalent/superior title, whose preceding studies include at least 1/4 of credits (45 CFU for Italian Bachelor degrees, which may include the final dissertation) in one or more of the following areas (disciplinary codes for Italian degrees): Mathematics (MAT/*), Statistics and Mathematical Methods for Decisions (SECS-S/*), Econometrics (SECS-P/05), Computer Science (INF/01, ING-INF/*), Physics (FIS/01-02). The preceding studies may combine different degrees or include certified additional courses.
Applicants not satisfying the above prerequisites, should attend and certify individual courses belonging to one of the specified areas. Applicants not yet holding the undergraduate title by the time of the application must be in a position to receive it not later than the final enrolment deadline (December of the same year). Applications can be done once every academic year.
Admission to the Program of eligible candidates is subjected to the verification of the candidate's personal preparation. The candidate will be exempted from the verification of the personal preparation when the previous studies include at least 20% of the credits in Mathematics (MAT/*) and one the following conditions is met:
- the last degree was obtained in the 24 months preceding the date October 1st of the year of the application, and the documentation provided certifies a final examination mark not lower than 95% of the maximum mark (105/110 for Italian degrees);
- the candidate is still enrolled within the regular duration of the program ("in corso" for Italian degrees) and the documentation provided certifies that at least 90% of the credits in the study plan have been obtained with a grade point average not lower than 93% of the maximum (28/30 for Italian degrees).
In all other cases, only the candidates who demonstrate to possess a sufficient personal preparation are admitted. The personal preparation of eligible candidates is evaluated by the Admission Committee on the basis of the supporting documentation provided during the application and through an interview.
The interview aims at verifying the personal preparation with particular reference to background knowledge in Analysis, Probability and Statistics. A list of minimal background topics that can be object of verification can be found in this syllabus.
Interviews are held in person at the University of Torino or, if requested by the applicant during the application, on Skype. Candidates residing at a distance which does not require an overnight stay for travelling to Torino are expected to be physically present to the interview. Note: due to the Covid-19 emergency, all interviews for a.y. 2020/21 will be held online.
The interview is generally held in English. Italian speakers will be interviewed in Italian. Although, in this case, their proficiency in the English language will also be evaluated unless they provide a B2 or an equivalent English certificate.
Students of any citizenship holding a foreign degree can apply according to the following time windows:
- Round 1 (EU citizens, non-EU citizens, Italian citizens with a foreign degree)
- Application dates: 13th January - 30th April 2020
- Interview dates:
I window: 6th March 2020 – 26th March 2020 (for the first window's applications received between 13th January and 16th February 2020);
II window: 14th April 2020 – 5th May 2020 (for the first window's applications received between 17th February and 22nd March 2020);
III window: 26th May 2020 – 16th June2020 (for the first window's applications received between 23rd March e il 30th April 2020).
- Round 2 (EU citizens, non-EU citizens legally residing in Italy, Italian citizens with a foreign degree)
- Application dates: 1st September 2020 – 15th October 2020
- Interview dates: Single window: 3rd November 2020 – 20th November 2020.
Applications can be done through this portal. Candidates will be notified about the interview approximately one week before the above interview dates. See above for further information on the interviews.
Students of any citizenship holding or about to obtain a degree from an Italian university (typically a Laurea Triennale) can apply for admission according to the following time windows:
- Round 1
- Application dates: 1st May - 30th June 2020
- Interview dates: 14th July 2020 (interviews to be held online)
- Round 2
- Application dates: 15th July - 31st August 2020
- Interview dates: 16th September 2020 (interviews most likely to be held online)
Applications during Round 1 are encouraged, and can be done following these instructions. Students can only apply once per academic year. Candidates will be notified about the interview by email, approximately one week before the above interview dates. See above for further information on the interviews.
If you haven't found on this or other pages the answer to your question, you can enquire to firstname.lastname@example.org.