Graduates in Stochastics and Data Science can work in private and public companies, research institutions or as self employed. Among the possible career opportunities there are analytic departments of banks and insurance companies, industries of all sectors, public administrations and research centers in all fields that require skilled treatment of data with complex structures.
Graduates in Stochastics and Data Science can also access PhD programs in statistics, probability, applied mathematics, operations research and mathematical finance, among others.
Placement of our graduates (since July 2017, to be updated regularly):
- Stefano Bruno, PhD in Statistical Applied Mathematics, University of Bath (UK)
- Federico Ferrari, PhD in Statistical Science, Duke University (USA)
- Riccardo Fogliato, PhD in Statistics, Carnegie Mellon University (USA)
- Francesca Panero, Oxford-Warwick Doctoral Statistical Programme, University of Oxford (UK)
- Elena Pesce, PhD in Mathematical Methods for Data Analysis, Univ. of Genova (Italy) & SwissRE International SE
- Marta Pellizzola, PhD in Population Genetics, Vienna Graduate School of Population Genetics (Austria)
- Lorenzo Rimella, PhD in Statistics, University of Bristol (UK)
Furthermore, our students have completed internship programs in the following companies and institutions: Accenture, Aizoon, Consoft Sistemi, European Central Bank, Evo Pricing, INRIA, Intesa SanPaolo Bank, Skylab Italia.